We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the course of this year, and all of us are looking forward to resuming normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We have had to make changes to the structure of our schedule and work environment to this end, including:
- Limiting occupancy inside the office to 20% capacity
- Eliminating Waiting Room - due to our limited space and capacity, we can no longer have patients wait inside the office. Because of this, we recommend coming to your appointment right on time - not early.
- Masks required at all times (and are available upon request)
- No food or drink is allowed in the office
- Appointments are to be attended alone unless supervision is required, such as in the case of a minor. FaceTime / Video Chats are welcome!
During this time, it is imperative that you stay at home and reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing any symptoms including a fever over 100.4 degrees, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, severe fatigue OR if you or a family member have had contact with another person with confirmed COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Upon arrival, you will be asked to sanitize your hands and fill out a health screening questionnaire.
- PPE has been provided to all staff members including masks and sneeze guards where possible.
- You will be directed to a seat or asked to wait at the front of the office for the doctor.
- Each patient in the office will be attended to by a staff member: doctor, optician, technician or front desk specialist.
Thank you for your understanding during this time. Please e-mail or call the office if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
- Eye Carumba Optometry Team
What Our Patients Say
My best experience at an optometrist. Amazing staff who are completely unbiased and are truly looking out for your best interest